Task Force on Repurposing of Drugs for COVID19
The Principal Scientific Advisor to the GoI, Dr K VijayRaghavan, has constituted a S&T Core Group on COVID19.
Under the aegis of the S&T Core Group on COVID19, a Task Force has been constituted focused on Repurposing of Drugs for COVID19 (in short “TFORD-COVID19“)
The Task Force is being coordinated by:
- Dr V Premnath, Head, NCL Innovations at CSIR-NCL and Director, Venture Center
- Dr Anurag Agarwal, Director, CSIR-IGIB
Project title: Speeding up the Lab to Market Journey: Repurposing Drugs for COVID-19
The Nerve Center for the Coordination will be at Venture Center, Pune (located in the campus of CSIR-NCL).
This project is supported by:
Start date: 16 March 2020
Scope (as of 23 March 2020):
- Drugs approved for other indications in any part of the world
- At this stage, we are not looking at NCEs except if it is in advanced stages of clinical trials
- We are not looking at other medical products — only drugs! Other Task Forces are looking at other products.
- High quality information collection and dissemination to key decision makers in this crisis
- Systematic analysis, organisation, categorisation, prioritisation, frameworks to enable decision making
- Inter-disciplinary advisory group; Engagement platforms; Learned opinions
- Foresight on path to market and bedside; suggest alternative routes to market
- Anticipate barriers and suggest mechanisms to remove barriers
- Virtual network of stakeholders; Connecting the dots
- Industry engagement
Key components planned:
- Compiled information on Drug Candidates
- Reports by Nerve Center Team to PSA
- Inter-disciplinary Advisory Group; Position/ Strategy Papers
- Virtual Translation Network
- Information on Path to Market/ Bedside
- Requests to PSA
You can participate and contribute to this efforts in the following ways:
- Publicise this effort on any media platform. help us find useful resources and leads.
- Send us any relevant information on leads at email@example.com
- If you are an expert in the field (on any aspect of development or translation of drugs to the market), you can write to us with your resume. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are drug developer or manufacturer who needs to leverage our networks, please contact us at email@example.com . See full contact information in the Contact link.
- Please note that this is a race against time and our team may be busy. So please be patient. We will try and get back to you as soon as possible.
- Participation in structured groups only by invitation by the Nerve Center.